Friday, April 28, 2017

A New Crop of Interns Have Sprung Up!

 

Matt Doneux - Natural Resources Intern

I am excited to begin this great opportunity working with RWMWD alongside the team of knowledgeable staff. In 2014 I graduated from the University of Wisconsin – Madison with a B.S. in Biology.

I began my professional career working as an Urban Forestry Intern for the City of St. Paul where I was tasked with surveying the city trees for damage and disease. For the past year I worked on a field crew at Applied Ecological Services where I gained valuable hands-on experience in the natural resources field.

As an intern with RWMWD, I hope to broaden my knowledge in the field and continue to learn how to protect Minnesota’s natural resources. In my free time I am training for the Chicago Marathon this fall, and looking forward to a camping trip to Glacier National Park with my family this summer.




 
--------------------------------------------------------------




Chris Klatt - Natural Resources Intern

Despite growing up near the Ramsey-Washington Metro Watershed District and playing in its woods and streams as a kid, I moved away to begin my formal studies in environmental science, graduating with a degree in Ecology and Environmental Science from Montana State University in Bozeman


I joined the Watershed District this year after working with the USDA Agricultural Research Service, where I was researching the microbial communities associated with agricultural cropping rotations using forage legumes.

I’m happy to be back in my home bioregion, where I love facilitating land management practices that provide habitat to pollinators, maximize diversity, and create refugia for species that are caught in a bind due to habitat loss and changing climate.




--------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 

Lyndsey Provos - Water Quality Intern

I’m originally from Eau Claire, Wisconsin. I attended the University of Wisconsin-Stout where I earned my B.S. in Environmental Science with a concentration in Aquatic Biology and a minor in Geographic Information Systems (GIS).

I am currently attending UW-Stout for my graduate degree in Conservation Biology where I’m focusing on Limnology. My goal is to graduate in December of 2017.

I enjoy spending time at my cabin in Bayfield, Wisconsin where my family keeps our Tartan 34’ sailboat. We spend several days each summer sailing around the Apostle Islands. I also like to spend my free time rock climbing around Minnesota and Wisconsin. Interstate Park in Taylors Falls and Red Wing, Minnesota are my two favorite local areas to climb at. I have a cat named Luna and a Brittany Spaniel puppy named Izzy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment