Monday, June 27, 2016

Summer Interns Dan and Zola Hard at Work!

Dan Kutschied

Dan has been working with the RWMWD on a part-time basis for about one month and is excited to finally be joining the crew as a full-time member.

"It has been refreshing to be able to work in the field and really see the sites changing as we work on them," said Dan. "I really look forward to witnessing the evolution of the sites we are working on throughout the season."

Dan continued, "I recently graduated from the University of Minnesota with a degree in Forest and Natural Resource Management. It has been interesting to put some of my education to use with the District and to continue learning through this opportunity. Prior to graduation I had an internship with a tree care company and also have several years of experience working at restaurants."

"When I am not working, I spend most of my time with my wife and our two pit bulls. I like to hit up brewpubs and go to shows when the opportunities arise. I frequently put my restaurant experience to use by cooking fancy meals. I try to go on hiking and camping trips when I can, skip out of the U.S. when I find a cheap plane ticket and see other areas (and brewpubs) throughout the states when I cannot manage the international trips." 




Zola Pineles

Hello Ripple Effect Readers! Zola here telling you a little bit about myself and the role I play at RWMWD and beyond.


This is my second year as a District intern with a year in between as a Natural Resources Technician with the City of St. Paul. The pull of Simba, Bill and the rest of the awesome staff was too strong and I am back as the Keller Golf Course intern. There, I manage twenty-five acres of awesome habitat restorations.

When not dodging golf balls, I play with my puppy, camp, go to beaches with friends and prepare for my next semester at the University of Minnesota.

If you see a girl at Keller Golf Course with a camo hat and over-sized blaze orange t-shirt, that’s most likely me! Give a wave!

No comments:

Post a Comment